"The Kindles are to Amazon what the printed catalog was to Sears a century ago."
Amazon’s New Kindles At Daring Fireball
- The Low Anthem covers Wilco
- Of Montreal covers The White Stripes
- Baths covers LCD Soundsystem
- Ted Leo And The Pharmacists cover Tears For Fears
…and loads more. I could listen these all morning.
Twice a year in Manhattan, New York, for about 20 minutes, the sunset aligns precisely with the city’s street grid to simultaneously illuminate both the north and south sides of every cross street.
Since Manhattanhenge’s two days happen to fall near Memorial Day and Baseball’s All Star break, some people have suggested that future anthropologists will conclude that Americans worshipped war and baseball. Funny thing is, they wouldn’t be too far off…
You know you work with geeks when…
I really have come to understand that 90% of success is showing up. The other 10% is asking for what you need. That doesn’t leave a lot of space for the influence of “great glass.”
Lenses trump cameras. Lighting trumps lenses. Gesture trumps lighting. A good idea, well executed wins the hand."
"[Alan] Tudyk plays the voice of a Marine in the Xbox 360 game Halo 3. He is joined by his Firefly co-stars Adam Baldwin and Nathan Fillion who both voice Marines. All three actors are given personalities in the game matching those of their characters from Firefly."
May have just found the one and only reason to buy an 360 and play Halo 3.